Custom Search

Friday, August 5, 2011

20 Games With Tomb Kings - Game 37



Just had a game with y Hobby list vs High Elves at 2500pts.

His list:
Prince, with lance, dragon armour, 4+ ward and a Stardragon

Dragon Mage with a 5+ ward... and flame of rhuin...

BSB with armour and ward.


50 Spearmen (Full command and warbanner)
10 Archers

14 Lions FC
20 Phoenix Guard FC

Bolt thrower.

Anyway I was going to take pictures... but that video blurb is the only thing that I took. You can see the Dragon (no longer with a prince) taking on my tomb scorpion as my hierophant cowars behind it.

I walked away with a minor win! The game lasted 4 turns... watchtower. I begun with 20 archers in the building who got out after taking a turn 1 charge from the white lions... they positioned themselves to prevent the lions form taking the building so the chariots could do a number on them. One archer survived. The chariots then clipped the back end of the spearmen horde... preventing them to move further up the table.

The epic fight was on the far right flank. Both dragons moved up that flank, I charged my tomb Guard (with destroyer king) into the dragon mage (in hindsight I sould have charged the other dragon... I was hoping for a quick kill of the dragon mage and dragon.... so I run in and do 1 wound... arg. Then the stardragon came into the flank, and the TG crumbled to one model. Then instead of actually thinking I raised TG up... i should have just had my TK stay in challenges. I also forgot that he had the tricksters shard... anyway. The King died, but killed the sundragon with his curse :D. The dragonmage was subsequently annihilated by the casket. The Prince charged the warcat... the crew failed to do anything to the prince and then the Str7! dragon rended the warcat to little bits. Then over ran into 10 archers... I was able to curse blades them! And one archer cut the head off the Prince :D wooo. The dragon then charged a tomb scorp... and took another wound before the game ended.
All these buffers where put in place to prevent that dragon from getting into my hierophant, who was on his own walking around by himself out of LOS of the repeater and the archers.

MVP of the game has to be the colossus... turn one he charged into 20 phoenix guard... and proceeded to make them run after a fantastic combat... he kept on taking wounds, but saving just enough to stay alive... and although he could not hit with his reg attacks his thunderstop always made up for it. All in all it was very nice to see him crush the guard under his feet and then run them all down. While taking volleys from the balista... he really pulled more than his weight in points, giving my other units a chance to salvage what I could. In the end I had the tower with my 40 skeletons and this gave me 25% of the game worth of VP's (giving me the win).

A great game, but I did learn a few things:

I liked the DoE... although he kept on hitting and then not rolling any 6'es to wound on that one dragon! His wargear loadout got me thinking. I sort of want some sort of save. Maybe a regen seed or something but I def need a bit more testing on different matchups. I know he would have done really well agains the prince (as the stardragon is only I 2) Anyway.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment