Custom Search

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Project Blood Angels

Photobucket

So I had my first test game with my Project Blood Angel list. To give a brief history, there is a tournament in September that is 2000pts and I wanted to play my Blood Angels. Now I am taking my time painting my Blood Angels as best I can so I don't want to rush them. So in an effort to get a 2000pt list ready for this tournament, I wanted to have to paint as little as possible. So here is the list I am working with. Now, this list was built to be fast to paint, not to be overly competitive so don't cut on it to hard lol.

Mephiston

The Sanguinar

10 Man Assault Terminators (5 Lightning Claws, 5 Thunder Hammer/Storm Shield)

3 Sangunarian Priests

9 Assault Marines (Power Fist/ Meltagun)
Rhino

9 Assault Marines (Power Fist/ Meltagun)
Rhino

6 Assault Marines (Power Fist/ Meltagun)
Razorback (Twin Assault Cannons)

6 Assault Marines (Power Fist/ Meltagun)
Razorback (Twin Assault Cannons)



I got to play a test game against a friend of mine with his 2000pt Space Wolf list. Here is what I remember from his list.

Wolf Lord on Thunderwolf, Frostblade, Warrior Born and 2 Wolves

6 Thunderwolves with various upgrades

6 Long Fangs with Rocket Launchers, Wolf Guard attached with a Drop Pod (the Pod Dropped empty)

8(?) Grey Hunters with plasma guns with a Wolf Guard in Terminator Armor with a Cyclone Missile Launcher in a Drop Pod (the pod dropped empty)

8(?) Grey Hunters with Melta Guns in a Drop Pod

8(?) Grey Hunters with Melta Guns in a Drop Pod

8(?) Grey Hunters with Melta Guns in a Rhino

Predator with Autocannon, side Lascannons

Predator with Autocannon, side Lascannons

Not sure on the numbers or all the upgrades and such but this was the gist of the list.

We played Capture and Control with a Spearhead deployment. The best part of the game was a titanic battle between the Assault Terminators, Mephiston, The Sanguinar vs The Thunderwolf Lord and his Thunderwolves. Mephiston, The Sanguinar and 5 Assault terminators walked out of that fight alive. I sent Mephiston and two squads towards the Wolf base while I kept two small units and The Sanguinar at my base. I was able to clear both objectives with those combat beasts. The Sanguinary Priests and those Combat monsters, coupled with some bad heavy weapon rolls from the Space Wolf side meant I was able to almost clear the board of Space wolves by turn 5 where we called the game. It was a great game and I must say the list I tossed together just to get it painted quickly worked better then I thought it would have honestly done.

No comments:

Post a Comment