Custom Search

Friday, May 13, 2011

Da Wulf Boyz

Hey guys, again it has been a while. I have been plugging away at these guys as I go but rather then show you every single troop model I finish off I wanted to stick to showcasing stuff you haven't seen. So showing you another Wulf Boy Grey Hunter doesn't impress much.

So the next few projects you will probably see here are my Razorback which you'll see today and then my Rune Priest and Wolf Priest models will probably follow.

So getting on to it, here is Da Wulf Boyz Razorback or as I think I will call it Da Wulf Boyz Lazor-buggie.

So I'll talk you through each shot and some of the things I did to make this project diffrent then the Rhino but in some respects the same.

Photobucket

So in this first side shot we can see I again added the wheels in. However this time I used the smaller Trukk wheels on the front and the larger ones on the back, this dipped the front end down a bit which I thought looked cool. Again, cutting the Rhino model up to get the wheels in there isn't a fun task and I cringe each time I hack that much plastic out of one of these model kits. The end result looks great I think but I always worry I'll mess something up. I kept the theme from the Rhino by adding a few Ork glyphs on the sides as well the red and black pattern on the front and back matches the pattern on the shoulder pads of the squad that will ride in the Razorback. You can also see from this side the head of the Ork driver peeking out of the one hatch.

Photobucket

On this side I took a huge risk that I am very happy paid off rather then ruining the whole model. I actually hacked off the whole back exhaust pipe of the Rhino model. Now if you look at the Rhino model you'll note that this will leave a big hole in the side of it. So using plastic card and the whole exhaust pipe from the trukk I fit it to the side so it looks like an Ork Mek has replaced the Rhino exhaust with a new one and patched the Rhino up with some sheet steal. I added some little rivits to give it a more realistic look.

Photobucket

So from the front you can better see the Ork driver. As well you are able to see that this time I left both the Rhino headlights off but added a Space Marine Searchlight and Ork Trukk light on top so it can still have the 'Searchlight' wargear if I want it. I also again put the Stikkbomb launcha on the top to represent the Smoke Launchers. I also chopped up a Trukk side plate to create the added windshield to the front of this. As well where the lights would go I again added more Ork glyphs. As well I was able to kit bash the standard Razorback prow with the more Orky Trukk prow.

Photobucket

On the back I kept to the theme started by my Rhino conversion, I added another shield on the back to make it look like it is a clan or squad sign. Each shield is diffrent so it has that feel to it, being on the back (main) door.

Photobucket

The top view gives you a better feel for the look of the Lascannon turret on the top.

Photobucket

This shot is mainly to just show that the turret is an actual working turret that I am able to turn 360 degrees as well as if I need to I can even take it out if I want to represent a 'weapon destroyed' result.

Photobucket

And lastly a close up shot of the gunner just for show.

No comments:

Post a Comment